Topic: asin2?
Replies: 26   Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 2:24 PM

David W. Cantrell

Re: asin2?

In article <966539847snz@genesis.demon.co.uk>,
fred@genesis.demon.co.uk wrote:
> In article <25f0eb78.a12d1d3f@usw-ex0101-005.remarq.com>
> dwcantrellNOdwSPAM@aol.com.invalid "David W. Cantrell" writes:

> >prussing@aae.uiuc.edu (John Prussing) wrote:
> >>For background, atan2(y,x) is based on tan(theta) = y/x.
> >
> >It's based on that together with the signs of the two arguments,
> >as you indicate below.
> >

> >>(I hope I have the arguments in the correct order.)
> >
> >It should be atan2(x,y) actually.

> It depends. In C it is atan2(y,x).

Yes, thanks for pointing this out. John may well have had the order of
the arguments correct, depending on what language he had in mind.
Unfortunately, the order of arguments is language-dependent, a fact
which had slipped my mind when responding initially.

Cheers,
David Cantrell

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.