Topic: My track to atheism
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jul 10, 1996 2:03 PM

Eric Williams @ PCB x5577

Re: My track to atheism

In article <4r94b9$ovt@ka.worldbank.org>, cedwards1@worldbank.org (Charles Edwards) writes:

[snippage]

> It's been a couple of years since I read the alt.atheist FAQ, but I think the
> problem here is that there are basically 2 kinds of atheists.
>
> Type 1: Strong atheist. This is the person who states categorically, "There
> is no god". I agree that this is as dogmatic a position a that taken by a
> theist.
>
> Type 2: Weak atheist. This person says "In the absense of compelling evidence,
> I will assume there is no god". This is basically my position. Compelling
> evidence, for me, would be something like finding the text of the Bible
> encoded in the digits of PI.

Uh, I was under the impression that any finite sequence of digits could be
found in an algebraic number? (Not that PI is algebraic, admittedly.)

Sci.math thereby added to newsgroups. They might have an answer for this...
but admittedly it proves nothing, really, since its truth or falsity doesn't
do much for God either way, for me.

Now if God can start moving stars or the Moon around...*that* would be something.
:-)

--
eric_williams@mentorg.com
The preceding is *not* to be construed in any way as an official (or unofficial)