Topic: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Replies: 43   Last Post: Jan 15, 2000 1:05 AM

Dan Hoey

Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking

Chuck Giffen wrote:

>[Someone calling himself after a mathematician] wrote:

[snip]
>> But people should be
>> smart enough to know that FLT is exceedingly difficult and that it was
>> recently proved by Wiles, and two that an algebraic highschool-ish near
>> impossible (the opinion of .9999999999999... percent of historical and
>> present mathematicians).

>What! -- only about 1 percent? I would have thought it was
>more like 99.99 percent.

Oh, I don't know that it's so many. I'm certainly an agnostic on
whether there exists a simple proof. But I'm sure it won't be found
with a drunkard's walk through random algebraic manipulations.
Especially when performed by a fool who stops every time his
egregious error frequency leads to a contradiction, and needs
to wait for someone competent to find his mistakes for him.

Dan Hoey <haoyuep@aol.com>

Date Subject Author
1/7/00
Read Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Nat Silver
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Euclid
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Charles H. Giffen
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Dan Hoey
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Dan Hoey
1/11/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Jim Ferry
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Jim Ferry
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
John R Ramsden
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Nico Benschop
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Simon
mathedman@hotmail.com
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Arturo Magidin
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Domnei
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/9/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/9/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David C. Ullrich
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Richard Carr
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Mike Christie
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Erik Max Francis
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Andy Spragg
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/7/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Andy Spragg
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Keith Ramsay
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Clive Tooth
1/9/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
James Harris
1/15/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Keith Ramsay
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Keith Ramsay
1/8/00
Read RFD: alt.crackpot.james-harris
Craig Johnston
1/10/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
Jonathan Hoyle
1/8/00
Read Re: Clive Tooth's newsgroup stalking
David Libert