Topic: OOPs
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 18, 1996 10:35 PM

Vern Tenney

Re: OOPs

I respectfully disagree. A graphing calculator is permitted so if student
types 14 into the calculator the last thing done is divide. So, in my
opinion number 14 has 3 correct answers, not one or two. I thought one goal
was to strive for higher order thinking skills and to give credit for
different ways to do a math problem. This causes me much distress when the
rubrics for parts II,III and IV do not address all ways a student may do a
problem. A zero response is completely incoherent etc and some students did
some mathmatics that if no mistakes were subsequently made would have
arrived at a correct solution.
Did Albert Einstein think inside the box or outside?
I apologize for my ramblings.
Vern