Topic: presidential polling theory?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 5, 2000 11:11 PM

Re: presidential polling theory?

If all of the rsults are close together and the leading candidates are
close then the race is close. If one candidate is consistently ahead
in most of the polls, it is pretty much a done deal. If the results
are all over the map, then the surveys are partly defective but the
race is also close, because a lot of people are probably undecided.
The sizes of samples is less important than the randomness of the