Topic: 2 sided polygon on a sphere
Replies: 17   Last Post: Mar 14, 2008 4:54 PM

Mary Krimmel

Re: 2 sided polygon on a sphere

At 05:51 PM 10/4/04 -0400, you [John] wrote:
>What is the name of a 2 sided polygon on a sphere?
>It rhymes with moon

I can't tell whether this is a puzzle for the list to enjoy puzzling over,
or whether it's something you want answered. I doubt that I'm spoiling
anyone's fun by suggesting that the answer is "lune".

Is a figure on the surface of a sphere properly called a polygon? I don't
know the answer, but would like to. Anyone?