The Math Forum

Topic: Math and music
Replies: 44   Last Post: Oct 20, 2004 7:38 AM

Bob Pease

Re: Math and music

"Gerry Myerson" <gerry@maths.mq.edi.ai.i2u4email> wrote in message
&gt; In article &lt;sb9rm0hkuur5735dcl9iqsnskjcd7d4vrq@4ax.com&gt;,
&gt; David Dalton &lt;dalton@nfld.com&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Could you recommend good book(s) on the mathematics of music?
&gt; &gt; Such could be a book on music theory with a lot of mathematics.
&gt;
&gt; At the Joint Mathematics Meetings in Phoenix in January there was
&gt; an AMS-MAA special session on mathematical techniques in musical
&gt; analysis. About two dozen papers were presented. The information
&gt; is probably still up on the American Mathematical Society website.
&gt; You might be able to read the abstracts, find something of interest,
&gt; and contact the authors for suggestions for further reading.
&gt;
&gt; --
&gt; Gerry Myerson (gerry@maths.mq.edi.ai) (i -&gt; u for email)

Thanks

sounds like just the ticket for my style and interests!!

Bob Pease

---

Date Subject Author
10/13/04