Topic: circle equations
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 13, 2005 10:04 AM

Kevin Karplus

Re: circle equations

In article <bh0mt0lcjcf5kbku72a4o1dqigf6afp5m9@4ax.com>, D wrote:
> A circle passes though the vertices of the right triangle A(-2,-4),
> B(-2,3), and C (7,3). What is the equation of the circle?

D has sent us 3 of his/her homework problems, with no indication that
any attempt has been done at any of them. I'll give one hint for this
problem and ignore the rest.

Hint: the triangle is a *right* triangle. What do you know about
central angles and inscribed angles?

Kevin Karplus karplus@soe.ucsc.edu http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~karplus
(Senior member, IEEE) (Board of Directors, ISCB starting Jan 2005)
Affiliations for identification only.