Topic: what is the function for a swastica?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 27, 2002 11:31 AM

UFO_Charlie

Re: what is the function for a swastica?

Per Davidson <Wintermute@dragonsworn.com> wrote:

>can anyone tell me if it´s possible to write a function for a graph
>that looks like a swastika like f(x) = ?

Probably not a single function, because it wouldn't pass the vertical line
test. Even if it were rotated, a piecewise function probably wouldn't work,
since I see no way of giving a separate function to every interval.

In theory, you could probably combine a bunch of functions and each will
contain part of the swastika design in it. One example would be:

y1=x
y2=-x
y3=x+5
y4=-x+5
y5=x-5
y6=-x-5

Also, as a sidenote, it should be noted that I in no way condone Naziism, or
the display of the swastika symbol; in fact, I find both to be pretty
repulsive. I am only answering this question as a student of mathematics.

--
***UFO_Charlie***

Random Neural Firings - http://www.thernf.com

"There's no problems, only solutions." -- John Lennon

[Discombobulate my email address to reply.]