Topic: please help
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 22, 2008 9:44 AM

Bob L Petersen

From: My lawn show
Registered: 12/4/04
Re: please help tirangle square feet yards base height inches convert foot

On 9 Dec 04 17:32:49 -0500 (EST), Dora wrote:
>I am trying to convert feet into yards. I have a triangle's lenght,
>height and width in ft. and I am trying to convert it to yards. How

do
>I do it?

If by this you mean. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
...........................___
................./\.........|
................/..\........|
.............../....\.......| height
............../......\......|
............./_____\..__|__

Lentgh or math calls base

Area = base *(times) height *(times) 1/2 (onehalf)

Example: 18 square feet = 6 feet * 6 feet * 1/2

Now a foot is twelve inches a yard is 36 inches or 3 feet to the yard

In terms of area there are 9 square feet in 1 square yard

Solve the triangle and then convert to squre yards.

Example:

150 square feet /(divided by) 9 = 16 with a remainder of 6

The 6 square feet can be made into a fraction 6/9 or 2/3

Space is where I want to be

http://www.lookingfora.0catch.com/index.html

Bob L. Petersen

http://www.angelfire.com/space/where-i-want-to-be/

Bob L. Petersen

The font used has the letters and periods etc at different widths so it takes work to get the drawings to come out right.

Bob L. Petersen