Topic: copyright for sudokus ?
Replies: 15   Last Post: Sep 16, 2005 2:41 PM

Proginoskes

Re: copyright for sudokus ?

guenter wrote:
> I'm curious whether you can successfully claim copyright
> for a particular set of sudokus, like those which appear
> in books or newspapers or webpages, where the authors
> sometimes claim copyright for them.

Check out how crossword puzzles are handled. They, too, can be
generated by computer, so whatever applies to them SHOULD apply to
Sudoku. (I say "should" because I'm not a lawyer.)

--- Christopher Heckman, Member, Anti-Bar Association