The Math Forum

Topic: squaring a circle
Replies: 18   Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Rick Decker

Re: squaring a circle

vsvasan wrote:

> Sub: Unsolvabve Geometrical Problems
> Squaring a given circle is unsolvable . There are volumes of pages on the subject which I have read - from Archimedes to SrinivasaRamanujan.
> Well! I have found out a solution. Could not believe it ? My logic is very simple.
> "Pi" is an irrational number. So is square root of 2. There is a simple geometrical construction to solve for square root of 2. Similarly I have developed a simple geometrical construction to solve for "pi".
> My question is Where to send it? Is there any Maths Forum where I can present my papers and answer questions of the experts?
>
> May I request you to kindly guide me in this regard. Thank you

I suggest that you place your result on a Web page and post the URL
here. Then anyone who's interested could take a look.

Regards,

Rick

p.s. Your keyboard has a Return or Enter key (or perhaps both).
Learn where it is and use it from time to time. My newsreader
doesn't wrap your lines and I have this thing about
horizontal scrolling.