The Math Forum

Topic: squaring a circle
Replies: 18   Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Daniel W. Johnson

Re: squaring a circle

Oscar Lanzi III <> wrote:

> I've actually seen a trisection device with no moving parts at all.
> It's basically a strip with one end having square and circular
> attachments at the end. By placing the object in the right position
> relative to a given angle, the trisectors of the angle are identified.

That rings a bell. Does it look like the image on the following page?

And here's a page with a bunch of stuff (mostly cranky), including one
trisection with a carpenter's square:
Daniel W. Johnson
039 53 36 N / 086 11 55 W