Topic: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Replies: 44   Last Post: Dec 3, 2006 5:58 AM

Nick

Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"

"Proginoskes" <CCHeckman@gmail.com> wrote in message

> galathaea wrote:

>> BDH wrote:
>> > Oh, the things sci.math can do!
>>
>> i wonder what the turkish equivalent of troll is...

> It seems to derive more from the verb troll than the noun troll.
> "Trolling" is a fishing term (pulling a baited line through water,
> hoping that a fish will bite the bait).
>
> Back to the main topic, though ... "Eccentric"/"whimsical" doesn't
> quite capture the nature of "crankness". Eccentric/whimsical is a "nice
> kind of insane"; crankdom is a "psychotic type of insane".

Clearly there is a very imperceptible boundary between brilliance and
madness.

And, I believe that some contributions demonstrate that quite well.

Believing that you are right and everyone else is wrong, despite evidence to
the contrary.

Nick

Date Subject Author
11/27/06
Read Need German equivalent of "crank"
Larry Hammick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gottfried Helms
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Helmut Richter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Bart Goddard
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dave Seaman
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Helmut Richter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Helmut Richter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Jan Kristian Haugland
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dik T. Winter
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
marcus_b
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Hero
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Larry Hammick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dennis Ritchie
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
marcus_b
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Michael Press
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Larry Hammick
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Michael Press
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Pubkeybreaker
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Randy Poe
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gottfried Helms
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Robert Israel
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Dik T. Winter
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gerry Myerson
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/27/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Iain Davidson
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Gottfried Helms
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
BDH
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
galathaea
11/28/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Proginoskes
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/29/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
ZZBunker
11/30/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
11/30/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
ZZBunker
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/1/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/2/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Hauke Reddmann
12/2/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Nick
12/2/06
Read Re: Need German equivalent of "crank"
Bart Goddard
12/3/06