Topic: A rational X irrational game
Replies: 10   Last Post: Mar 20, 2004 5:52 PM

David C. Ullrich

Re: A rational X irrational game

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 05:16:13 +0100, Alexander Malkis
<alexloeschediesmalk@line.cs.uni-sb.de> wrote:

>Your game doesn't terminate in a finite time.

No, it doesn't; hence it's probably not a "game" by some
definition or other. But it's a perfectly standard sort of
"game" in mathematics - yes it takes infinite time, so two
people can't actually play it to the end, but so what?
After infinitely many steps there's exactly one number
in the intersection.

>And at each time point the
>intersection contains intinitely many rational and irrational points. So
>the game is not well formulated.
>
>Best regards,
>Alex.
>
>PS. To email me, remove "loeschedies" from the email address given.

David C. Ullrich