Topic: Does anyone offer Pre-Algebra?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 12, 2008 7:45 PM

Catherine Weaver

RE: Does anyone offer Pre-Algebra?

We off a course called Foundations of Algebra. The course is taught by 2 math teachers and maximum # of students in a class is 16. We choose the students based on 8th grade teacher recommendation, math performance through the previous years and their score on the Math 8 assessment. Students are those that scored in the lowest 10% on the assessment. .

Cathy Weaver
Math Teacher
Math Department Co-Chair
Batavia High School
Email: cweaver@bataviacsd.org
Voicemail: Ext. 7530

>>> "Ryley David" <ryley.d@beaconk12.org> 2/12/2008 11:59 AM >>>
We offered Pre-Algebra for many years (it was named Algebra & Problem
Solving) and then the students began Math A. We are now trying the
other approach of doing Integrated Algebra curriculum over a 2-year
period. I can't tell you yet which way works better for us as this is
the first year of the change.

Dave Ryley
Beacon, NY