The Math Forum

Topic: hypogeometric sum
Replies: 11   Last Post: Mar 31, 2008 3:25 PM

Dann Corbit

Re: hypogeometric sum

"gsgs" <> wrote in message
> the problem is the sum.
> The routine runs through 0..k every time it is called !
> OK, I could rearrange the data now and store the values
> for each n and r in a table [500][500]
> that helps, but is a bit tedious

I made you a server for this calculation.
If you like, I will email a copy of the binary and source to you.
It calculates with no loss of precision for k,r,n,w up to 1000 each.
The answers are sometimes over 300 digits.

Posted via a free Usenet account from