Topic: Math B #28
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 28, 2008 12:07 PM

Orchanian Robert (12X248)

RE: Making Tests & Homework Using Software

Thanks!

Rob

________________________________

From: owner-nysmathab@mathforum.org on behalf of TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org
Sent: Tue 6/24/2008 8:27 AM
To: nysmathab@mathforum.org
Subject: Re: Making Tests & Homework Using Software

I use a combination of resources. Examgen works fairly well, but (in my opinion) is over-priced for what it provides - not much ability to edit questions. It's essentially just old regents exam questions; you can turn multiple choice off.

I also use mathematica for writing questions that I need to provide a graph for. This was the first year I used it, and I did my pre-calc and calc finals using it. Steep learning curve if you were to use it.

And, for wha it's worth, the more you use equation editor, the faster you become. There are a few shortcut keys that help:
ctrl h (for high) to put in an exponent
ctrl l (for low) subscript
ctrl f (fraction)
ctrl r (root) for square roots
ctrl ( does parenthesis that are automatically sized
I'm sure there are others, but I haven't bothered to learn them. Those first 4 have saved me a ton of time.

I looked for others; ctrl-i for integral sign
******************************************************************* * To unsubscribe from this mailing list, email the message * "unsubscribe nysmathab" to majordomo@mathforum.org * * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumID38 *******************************************************************
*