Topic: How to extract data points from a plot (can't use 'ginput')
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jan 31, 2013 5:26 AM

Forrest

Re: How to extract data points from a plot (can't use 'ginput')

"Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
<g8ug33$u1$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Forrest " <Remove.this@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > I'm using the 'psd' function to take the power spectral
> > density of a waveform. Afterwards I can view the plot

of
> > the psd, however, I can't seem to find the data that is
> > being plotted from the psd. I have the plot, but I

can't
> > find the x and y coordinates. I can't use ginput
because
> > there are 5000 data points.
>
> Get a handle to the line that PSD plotted using

FINDOBJ. Once you have that
> handle, GET the XData and YData properties.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com

Steve,

I'm not very familiar with 'findobj'. Can you walk me
through how to do this.

Thanks!