Topic: Geometry Proofs
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 22, 2008 10:22 PM

Evan Romer

RE: Geometry Proofs

There was a discussion here a few days ago* about how geometry proofs
would be graded on the Geometry Regents, and specifically,
"Traditionally, when we taught Course II or Math B, we were permitted
to grade proofs using whatever we had insisted on in our schools...
I?m assuming the same rules will apply for the new exams." (Roberta
Silver ) and "I wouldn't assume anything" (Sharon)

I think Sharon's right not to assume anything. So I asked John
Svendsen about it -- his reply is below. (That's the answer I was
hoping for.)

- -- Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS

*Ed. note: see http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1845833