The Math Forum

Topic: function of uniform probability
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 11, 2009 3:05 AM

Boris

Re: function of uniform probability

Boris Gourévitch a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm working in signal processing and I would like to build a function
> f(t) (t is time) defined on R+, bounded on [a,b], derivable and which
> verifies Probability(f(t) is in [c,d])=(d-c), [c,d] being included in
> [a,b]. in other words, I would like a function that meets each point of
> [a,b] with the same probability, If I express it correctly.
>
> An additional constraint on f would be that its frequential spectrum
> (with a given sampling frequency fe) does not contain values above a
> given value w. Thus, f is smoothed is a sense:

(...)I guess it is more or less equivalent to a differentiable random
process
of uniform density and that would show a more or less low-pass shape
frequential spectrum such as a pink noise. If you know some...
Boris