The Math Forum

Topic: Geometry Question #3
Replies: 39   Last Post: Jun 18, 2009 5:05 PM

Tennantij@aol.com

Re: Geometry Question #3
att1.html (5.8 K)

guess I am glad I teach middle school as I do not even use a text book, I
know all of the PI and standards and go from there--for us there really is
no book that has all of our standards and PI in one book for 7th and 8th.
If I went from a text book, I would be missing certain things that we are
supposed to teach. I am not so sure that a book necessarily has the mandatory
curriculum--don't you have to go from the state's content and process
strands?
Iva Jean

In a message dated 6/18/2009 6:28:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
msedfun@aol.com writes:

I want to raise a question here. Yes - we teach beyond the textbook
because we have the background - but isn't the textbook supposed to represent
the mandatory curriculum? If it is, then should the students be tested
beyond the textbook? I don't think so.

Sharon