Topic: michelson morley experiment questions
Replies: 323   Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 6:28 PM

John Doe

Re: michelson morley experiment questions

"Spirit of Truth" <juneharton@prodigy.net> wrote in message

> "Peter Webb" <webbfamily@DIESPAMDIEoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message

>> "Aetherist" <TheAetherist@best.net> wrote in message

>>> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 18:23:50 -0700, "Spirit of Truth"
>>> <juneharton@prodigy.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> {snip...}

>>> You got to understand, for diehard relativists perception IS
>>> reality.

>> Well, if by perception you mean what we see experimentally, yes.
>>
>> You are quite free to impose your concept of simultaneity and absolute
>> time and space on the Universe; you can define a privileged frame of
>> reference and measure simultaneity etc from within that frame. You can
>> even call it the ether, if you want.
>>
>> But what you also have to accept is that the frame you have chosen is
>> completely arbitrary, and anybody else can pick a different inertial
>> frame to treat as absolute. The details of which frame or reference you
>> choose has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of physical experiments,
>> and your absolute time and space plays no role in any physical
>> experiment.
>>
>> If absolute time and space, and simultaneity do not play any role
>> whatsoever in the equations, why would you think they exist? Aren't these
>> just like the ancient belief in invisible giant spokes that keep the
>> stars revolving around the earth?

> In fact, Master Web, you have answered for those that disagree with SR
> You stated: "The frame or reference you choose has
> absolutely no bearing on the outcome of physical experiments, and your
> absolute time and space plays no role in any physical experiment".
>
> The fact that all frames where the experiments are done has NO
> SR changes in it, makes the opposite of what you are trying to claim.
> All local frames are at rest per Relativity.

What changes do you think SR says exist in a frame of reference?

Date Subject Author
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Dono
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
6/28/09
[...]
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/30/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/30/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Eric Gisse
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Eric Gisse
7/3/09
[...]
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Mike
7/5/09
[...]
7/7/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/7/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/7/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Simple Simon
7/8/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/8/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/8/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
bsr3997@my-deja.com
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/10/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/10/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
maros174
7/10/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/11/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/11/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/12/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/14/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/14/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
John Doe
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
John Doe
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
John Doe
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/16/09
[...]
7/13/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Haikke
7/13/09
[...]
Tom Roberts
7/15/09
[...]
7/25/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
scriber77@yahoo.com
7/15/09
[...]
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
7/15/09
[...]
Paul Stowe
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
The Sorcerer
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Paul Stowe
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
The Sorcerer
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
7/2/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
7/2/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Ken Seto
7/2/09
[...]
Constructive Truth
7/25/09
[...]
7/17/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
glbrad01
7/17/09
[...]
NoEinstein
7/1/09