The Math Forum

Topic: michelson morley experiment questions
Replies: 323   Last Post: Jul 25, 2009 6:28 PM

June R Harton

Re: michelson morley experiment questions

Corrected typos:

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Spirit of Truth wrote:
>

>> The physical universe all around you is it's own experiment, you just
>> have to open your eyes to see it. And no, my understanding is completely
>> correct. Since things change, they change from an earlier condition.
>> That condition has ceased to be. Similar to the future, it is yet to be.
>>
>> When SR falsely posits lack of simultaneity _the universe_ falsifies it.
>> There is no block universe which lack of simultaneity demands.
>> Your "experiments" are misconceived.
>>

>> Spirit of Truth

> Dear Spirit--
>
> I would like you to watch...
>
> The Mechanical Universe series.
> http://www.learner.org/resources/series42.html
>
> 42. The Lorentz Transformation
> If the speed of light is to be the same for all observers, then
> the length of a meter stick, or the rate of a ticking clock,
> depends on who measures it.
>

> and report back to me what the half-hour program says about
> simultaneity or the lack thereof. You can use email if you like.
>
> -Sam

Yes, an excellent presentation. Yes, I was aware of all that. There was
one mistake in verbiage when it was first mentioned that simultaneneity
was out between the person at rest and the traveller, didn't make it clear
that it was what one frame was thinking happened in the other frame.
The truth, as later noted, was that BOTH frames seeing themselves at rest
see the light in their frames being received simultaneously, which is what
I have posted often here.

I have ALSO posted here that the math is correct in itself, and
rather beautiful, if I may say so.

However, as I've also posted continuously here, lack of
simultaneity creates a blocktime universe. It is false.

The key to the falseness is the baseline being used for the math.
There is no time dimension in the first place. Time is not passsing.
The now is not changing, it is only an illusion that it is changing.
What exists is a nowness with space dimensions containing
objects which are subject to "changing", and the changing of
the objects that occur being change of position of the particles,
this change of position of the particles are position but also
produce what we see as state changes of objects in now.
Also, ties into what we call motion.

Speed is a comparison of distance covered COMPARED
to an agreed upon object's distance covered...the hand
moving on the face of a watch for instance...and speed
should simply be a number...."That is going at a speed of
10", for instance.

None of this contains a time dimension.

We could be looking at a "dimension" of 'changing forces'/action
in addition to the usual 3 dimensions but is is a motive parameter
only. This dimension takes place in now, which is simply existence
in an unchanging "now". There actually is neither past nor future,
as such, and it is only because Man appears to himself as a creature
of time that this mistake is being made.

The math that would actually be correct has to have all
points in the universe at rest continuously in reference
to each other and changes like gap closure between two
at rest point considered without any reference to a
"time dimension". It and lack of simultaneity simply
do not exist.

Spirit of Truth

Date Subject Author
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Dono
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/26/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Guest
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
6/27/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
6/28/09
[...]
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Koobee Wublee
6/30/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
6/30/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Eric Gisse
6/29/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Eric Gisse
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
John Doe
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Dono
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/3/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/4/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Little P
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/5/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Mike
7/5/09
[...]
7/7/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/7/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/7/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Simple Simon
7/8/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/8/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/8/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
bsr3997@my-deja.com
7/9/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/10/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/10/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
maros174
7/10/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/11/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/11/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
June R Harton
7/12/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Sam Wormley
7/14/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/14/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
John Doe
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
John Doe
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
John Doe
7/15/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment - pearls
June R Harton
7/16/09
[...]
7/13/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Haikke
7/13/09
[...]
Tom Roberts
7/15/09
[...]
7/25/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
scriber77@yahoo.com
7/15/09
[...]
Ahmed Ouahi, Architect
7/15/09
[...]
Paul Stowe
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
The Sorcerer
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Paul Stowe
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
The Sorcerer
7/1/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
MeAmI.org
7/2/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Peter Webb
7/2/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
Ken Seto
7/2/09
[...]
Constructive Truth
7/25/09
[...]
7/17/09
Read Re: michelson morley experiment questions
glbrad01
7/17/09
[...]
NoEinstein
7/1/09