Topic: honors/accelerated
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 8, 2009 10:23 PM

Evan Romer

Re: honors/accelerated

Addendum to my previous response:

I should have added that under the MAth A/Math B curriculum, we rarely
had students accelerate after 8th grade. But with Alg/Geom/A2T, we had
about 4 students take double math (Alg+Geo, or Geo+A2T, or A2t
+Precalc) last year. That went well for the most part, so this year we
have about a dozen doing this.

For many students, 7th grade is too early to decide if they should
accelerate. It's nice to have a way for students who did not
accelerate after 7th to get accelerated later, if that works.

Evan Romer
Math Dept. Chair
Susquehanna Valley HS
Conklin NY 13748