The Math Forum

Topic: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Replies: 164   Last Post: Mar 12, 2010 2:43 AM

Yusuf B Gursey

Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science

On Dec 25, 8:06 pm, "Androcles" <Headmas...@Hogwarts.physics_q> wrote:
> "Yusuf B Gursey" <y...@theworld.com> wrote in messagenews:aecefd83-1be6-41af-aace-b6773ba5c9b5@g26g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
> On Dec 25, 1:54 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" <gramma...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > > I read that the Latin of the Vatican continuously makes up new words,
>
> > There's a Latin radio station in Finland.
>
> > > as well as the Latin used for taxonomy. ditto for Modern Standard
> > > Arabic, which is very closely based on Classical Arabic, and spoken
> > > Arabic is quite divergent from it. there is also Neo-Syriac. Israeli
> > > Hebrew is rather more deviant from Biblical Hebrew though.

> > What does Neo-Syriac (or any form of Modern Aramaic) have to do with
> > the creation of modern scientific vocabulary?

> I was talking about classical languages
> ====================================
> That's just great, by WHY are you posting to sci.physics?
> Are you so fuckin' stupid that you don't realise it's off-topic?

OK. I didn't look at the NG's.

Date Subject Author
12/24/09
Read Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Andrew Usher
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
chazwin
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Don Phillipson
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Jim Deutch
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
António Marques
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jjs
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Hecman Gun
nuny@bid.ness
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Don Phillipson
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Uncle Al
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
bert
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
James Hogg
12/24/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/25/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
ostap_bender_1900@hotmail.com
12/25/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/25/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Joachim Pense
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ioannis
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ioannis
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter Moylan
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ruud Harmsen
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
DKleinecke
1/13/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Richard Herring
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
PaulJK
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
garabik-news-2005-05@kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
PaulJK
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Joachim Pense
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Greg Neill
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
António Marques
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
DKleinecke
3/11/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Adam Funk
3/11/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
3/11/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Adam Funk
3/12/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/31/09
[...]
mahipal7638@gmail.com
12/25/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Joachim Pense
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
PaulJK
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Joachim Pense
1/2/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
mahipal7638@gmail.com
12/25/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/25/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Dumbledore_
12/25/09
[...]
Charles Riggs
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ian Dalziel
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
James Hogg
12/28/09
Read quark(s) (was: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science)
Adam Funk
1/1/10
Read Re: quark(s) (was: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science)
jimbotuk2000
1/2/10
Read Re: quark(s)
Adam Funk
1/2/10
Read Re: quark(s)
mahipal7638@gmail.com
1/3/10
Read Re: quark(s)
Adam Funk
1/3/10
Read Re: quark(s)
David DeLaney
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Peter T. Daniels
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Brian M. Scott
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Brian M. Scott
12/31/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/31/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Robert Bannister
1/1/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
1/1/10
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Cheryl
1/2/10
[...]
Read Gauss and Latin
Andrew Usher
1/2/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Immortalist
1/10/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Andrew Usher
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
António Marques
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
James Silverton
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
António Marques
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
James Silverton
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
James Hogg
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Pat Durkin
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
António Marques
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Pat Durkin
1/10/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Peter T. Daniels
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Brian M. Scott
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Andrew Usher
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Andrew Usher
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Peter T. Daniels
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Brian M. Scott
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Jerry Friedman
1/11/10
Read Re: Gauss and Latin
Andrew Usher
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
ostap_bender_1900@hotmail.com
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
ZZBunker
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Joachim Pense
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
jmfbahciv
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
chazwin
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
ZerkonXXXX
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
chazwin
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
chazwin
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ace0f_5pades
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ace0f_5pades
12/26/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Robert Bannister
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/27/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
ZZBunker
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Dennis
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ace0f_5pades
12/28/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Ace0f_5pades
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
OwlHoot
12/29/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Yusuf B Gursey
12/30/09
Read Re: Latin, the Enlightenment, and science
Immortalist
3/11/10
Read Re: What the FUCK does this have to see with mathematics, ASSHOLE
adamk