Topic: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Replies: 20   Last Post: Mar 10, 2010 6:47 PM

G. A. Edgar

Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)

In article
<1555798413.321503.1267784581214.JavaMail.root@gallium.mathforum.org>,
riderofgiraffes <mathforum.org_am@solipsys.co.uk> wrote:

> An iniquitous question, perhaps, but certainly
> there are mathematicians still living who are,
> for one reason or another, more widely known.
> It exposes my background, perhaps, but I would
> include Perelman, Wiles, Graham and Conway.
>
> Who would you nominate for your current (or near
> current) top 10?

If you want other than personal opinion, you could try: the last 10
Fields Medalists...

--
G. A. Edgar http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~edgar/

Date Subject Author
3/5/10
Read Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
riderofgiraffes
3/5/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Larry Hammick
3/6/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
master1729
3/5/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
G. A. Edgar
3/8/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Obispo de Tolosa
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
gerry@math.mq.edu.au
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Gerry Myerson
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Ioannis
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Bart Goddard
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Omega Cubed
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
anonymous.rubbertube@yahoo.com
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Gerry Myerson
3/9/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
J. Antonio Perez M.
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
Frederick Williams
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
ostap_bender_1900@hotmail.com
3/10/10
Read Re: Top 10 living mathematicians (or recently living)
omega