Topic: Two-Year Integrated Algebra Program
Replies: 23   Last Post: Aug 22, 2010 1:33 PM

Evan Romer

Re: Two-Year Integrated Algebra Program
att1.html (4.3 K)

If they fail the first year, we make them repeat the first year. But
mixing repeaters and 9th graders is a problem, so I'm interested in
this discussion.

A question: If you move them on, doesn't that make it harder for them
to earn the 3 math credits required for graduation? Now they need to
pass IA Year 2 of 2, and then TWO courses past IA, whereas if they
repeated IA Year 1 of 2, they would need to pass two years of IA and
then ONE course after IA.

Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS
Conklin NY 13748