Topic: Traditional versus reform
Replies: 34   Last Post: Feb 27, 1999 2:24 AM

Greg Goodknight

Re: Traditional versus reform

Bob,

My question was to any of the luminaries of this list with ties to the NCTM, and
not a request to the NCTM itself. Perhaps the NCTM does not want to be
judgemental, but I see you are (at least with respect to Saxon's books), so I'm
asking you and any of your peers that are in agreement with the Standards:

Does MathLand conform to the released NCTM Standards, and if not, in what way
does it diverge from the Standards?

I realize you in particular might not have any firsthand experience with
MathLand, but I'm sure there are many on this list that have reviewed MathLand
in a professional capacity, especially those of you who are faculty, staff, or
hangers on at UC and CSU campuses. It is, after all, the single most popular
elementary math program in the biggest State in the Union. What say you of the
AMTE?

-Greg