Topic: Writing to a file and printing on the screen at the same time
Replies: 7   Last Post: Feb 22, 2013 6:33 PM

ondrej Mandula

Re: Writing to a file and printing on the screen at the same time

"matt dash" wrote in message <ih8g59$lu3$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> You can just write a function like
>
> function dualfprintf(fid,message)
> fprintf(fid,message);
> fprintf(message);

> You can just write a function like
>
> function dualfprintf(fid,message)
> fprintf(fid,message);
> fprintf(message);

Thank you, but I need to print something more complicated with various number of variables something like
s='hello';
p=12;
fprintf(fid,[message '%s %f \n'], s, p);
fprintf([message '%s %f \n'], s, p);

I know that if fid=1 thank fprintf(fid, 'complicated message') prints on the screen. So i was looking for something like
fidvec = [1 fid]; fprintf(fidvec, 'complicated message')

Thanks ondrej