Topic: Computing rotation matrix from one vector
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 28, 2011 2:50 PM

Bruno Luong

Re: Computing rotation matrix from one vector

Rune Allnor <allnor@tele.ntnu.no> wrote in message <62228b51-0fe2-43bd-a76b-0d9f0266619f@z20g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>...

> > I think it is possible because the setup above give me 3 equations and 3 variables (theta_x, theta_y, theta_z)... But, MatLab can not solve!

You have 2 equations independent equations not three, since the constraint is the norm of both vectors (before and after rotation) must be equal. So the 3 equations on Cartesian's coordinates are only indeed two independent ones.

The problem is ill posed.

Bruno