Topic: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 1:24 PM

Steven Lord

Re: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message
> Hello;
>
> I have matlab 2010a, on windows 7, SP1, and I was never able to get
> defun to work, regadless of what argument options I give it. It always
> crashes.

I don't find any function named defun in MATLAB or any of the toolboxes, nor
do I see any references to it on our entire website (which includes the File
Exchange.) I assume from the context below that you're referring to DEPFUN,
correct? If not please indicate from where you obtained this defun function.

> I was wondering if someone with matlab 2010a on windows 7
> could try this function to see if they crash or not also.
>
> I have no problem using Matlab at all, other than this one
> function. It never worked for me.
>
> btw, I tried mydepfun() from matlab file exchange, and that worked with
> no problem.
>
> --Nasser
>

> EDU>> list = depfun('math_228b_HW4_problem_3','-calltree','-verbose')

Start off with something simple. Does this example from the documentation
also crash and if so is the log file the same?

list = depfun('mesh');

If this doesn't crash, can you show math_228b_HW4_problem_3.m?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com