Topic: mex function for beginners
Replies: 13   Last Post: Aug 3, 2011 12:52 PM

Kaustubha Govind

Re: mex function for beginners

Hi,

One possibility is that the files you are linking against are somehow meant
for a 32-bit platform, but you are trying to build a 64-bit MEX function.
The reason I say this is because Microsoft Visual Studio on 64-bit machines
is configured by default to create a 32-bit binary (unless you have
explicitly configured it to build a 64-bit binary).

If possible, you could install 32-bit MATLAB on the same 64-bit machine (see
http://www.mathworks.com/support/solutions/en/data/1-579TVF/index.html?solution=1-579TVF)
and try again. If that works, then you need to figure out which of the files
are written for 32-bit.

HTH,
Kaustubha Govind