Topic: math question - need help
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 21, 2011 8:22 PM

Ben Brink

From: Rosenberg, TX
Registered: 11/11/06
RE: math question - need help
att1.html (1.4 K)

Dave,
When x = y, the conditions imply that k = x and k = 2y. Therefore 2y = y, so x = y = 0.
For x > y, I'm getting x = [-5 +/ sqrt(593)]/2, so do we get two intervals for y?
In general x = [-11 +/ sqrt(289 + 6k)]/2. If x < y we can replace k by 2y and solve for y in terms of x. I can't see what we do with that either.
Thanks and will be waiting for what others find.
Ben