Topic: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Replies: 836   Last Post: Nov 13, 2011 5:17 AM

Dirk Van de moortel

Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote in message
a9060de6-33f1-45ba-ac0a-0dfef22e2e66@s7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com
> On 26 Okt., 21:33, "Dirk Van de moortel"
> <dirkvandemoor...@nospAm.hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > We can easily define and verify statements like
> > Limit( x --> +infinity; ( f(x), g(x) ) = ( +inf, 0 )
> >
> > Can you do a similar thing with your SetLimits?

There were four questions preceding this one:

S_n = { 1 , ... , n }
Can you formally *define* a SetLimit and then prove that statement
SetLimit( n --> +inf, S_n ) = |N
?

and

T_n = { 1/2 (n-1) n + 1 , ... , 1/2 (n-1) (n+2) + 1 }
Again, can you formally *define* a SetLimit and then prove that statement
SetLimit( n --> +inf, T_n ) = { }
?

You have answered only two of them.
Can you *prove* them formally?

Dirk Vdm

Date Subject Author
10/5/11
Read A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
|-| E R C
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
MoeBlee
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Inertial
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Dirk Van de moortel
10/5/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Androcles
10/6/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Jim Greenfield
10/7/11
Read Re: There is NO definition of infinity, perhaps!
Alen
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Graham Cooper
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Rock Brentwood
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
eric gisse
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jem
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Transfer Principle
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Alen's childishness
Androcles
10/7/11
[...]
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Pfsszxt@aol.com
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
jon car
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/5/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
patmpowers@gmail.com
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Jim Greenfield
10/15/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
admformeto
10/6/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Stamenin
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Androcles
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alen
10/7/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Brian Chandler
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/8/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Frederick Williams
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Alfonso
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/10/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/12/11
[...]
10/13/11
[...]
10/11/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
PD
10/9/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
LudovicoVan
10/9/11
[...]
William Hughes
10/11/11
[...]
Ki Song
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/14/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/14/11
[...]
10/16/11
[...]
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/17/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
herbert glazier
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/18/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/19/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Uergil
10/20/11
[...]
Tommy Jensen
10/20/11
[...]
netzweltler
10/16/11
[...]
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
10/20/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
J. Antonio Perez M.
10/21/11
[...]
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/22/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/23/11
[...]
10/24/11
[...]
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Loirbaj
11/13/11
Read Re: A definition of creationist insanity, perhaps!?
Virgil
[...]
Vergil
10/24/11
[...]
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/23/11
[...]
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/25/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/26/11
[...]
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/27/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
FredJeffries@gmail.com
10/28/11
[...]
YBM
10/28/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
SPQR
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/29/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
David R Tribble
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
10/30/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
10/31/11
[...]
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/1/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
William Hughes
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
alan.dennis.eaton@gmail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/2/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Horand.Gassmann@googlemail.com
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/3/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/4/11
Read Re: A definition of an infinity, perhaps!?
Virgil
11/5/11