Topic: AP
Replies: 4   Last Post: Sep 21, 2004 11:26 AM

Jerry Uhl

Re: AP

At 9:03 PM 1/31/96 -0500, Mark Howell (Gonzaga wrote:

>I'd be interested in hearing what Jerry (or anyone
>else, for that matter!) thinks the new ideas are
>that we need to try to get at. Are there things we're *not*
>now trying to teach in Calculus that we should be trying to teach?
>What? And why?

Instead of writing a huge amount, I'll refer you to the
Calculus&Mathematica web page. You can download the courseware and see what
we think a modern calculus course is.

Jerry Uhl juhl@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Professor of Mathematics 1409 West Green Street
University of Illinois Urbana,Illinois 61801
Calculus&Mathematica Development Team

"Calculus, as currently taught, is full of inert material..."
----------------Peter Lax

Date Subject Author
Read AP
John A Benson