Topic: Double integration
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 12:42 PM

Roger Stafford

Re: Double integration

"Marcio Barbalho" <marciobarbalho@live.com> wrote in message <jbb6bl$6af$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Apparent the result of the original double integration is 53.22. I would like to prove it.
Marcio, I got around to applying those techniques I have described to you earlier in this thread and arrived at a somewhat higher value than the 53.22 you quoted. My answer was 53.573533745 . How did you arrive at your value?

As I stated, there is a closed form for the inner integral using polar coordinates, and the outer integral was done numerically using one of matlab's quadrature routines with the inner integral formula as an integrand.

Roger Stafford