Topic: 0 as a natural number
Replies: 40   Last Post: Sep 19, 2014 2:41 PM

Paul

Re: OT: double-move chess

On Jan 30, 8:20 pm, Butch Malahide <fred.gal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, a form of double-move chess called "Marseillais Chess" had
> been around since the 1920s. The difference is that, in Marseillais
> chess, you can't move into check (and if you're in check you must get
> out of check) on the *first* of your two moves, and you can only give
> check on the *last* move of your turn; so the game ends with a normal
> mate. The novelty of "my" version was ignoring check and playing to
> capture the king, which makes a much faster-paced game. Capturing the
> K seems like the more obvious way to play, and I'd guess that's
> probably the way most of the other double-move chess inventors played
> it. Is that the way it was played at your school?

We played Marseillais chess (although I didn't know it was called that
before your posting.)
Thanks for the info.

Paul Epstein

Date Subject Author
1/27/12
Read 0 as a natural number
Jose Carlos Santos
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
quasi
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
Butch Malahide
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
David C. Ullrich
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
Paul
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
Butch Malahide
1/28/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
David C. Ullrich
1/28/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
G. A. Edgar
1/28/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
David C. Ullrich
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
Paul
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
The Last Danish Pastry
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
Butch Malahide
1/28/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
David C. Ullrich
1/28/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
Paul
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
The Last Danish Pastry
1/27/12
Read Re: 0 as a natural number
J. Antonio Perez M.
1/30/12
Read Re: Fred has invented doublemove chess
Paul
1/30/12
Read OT: double-move chess
Butch Malahide