Topic: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 1:24 PM

Justin Abbott

Re: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?

"per isakson" wrote in message <in0anp$a3j$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> "per isakson" wrote in message <imvrkg$ifu$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> > However, I tried "depfun('mesh')" and got the error shown below. (R2010b (64bit), Windows 7 (up todate) ).
> > > In depfun>analyze_trace_all at 489
> > In depfun at 312
> > ??? The class Logger has no property or method named 'getLogger'.
> >
> > Error in ==> initclient at 38
> > logger = Logger.getLogger('net.jini');
> >
> > Error in ==> distcomp.schema at 11
> > initclient;
> >
> > Error in ==> depfun>analyze_trace_all at 489
> > [arglist{:}] = newdepfun(trace_list,ndf_options{:} );
> >
> > Error in ==> depfun at 312
> > analyze_trace_all; % calls newdepfun

> depfun('mesh') causes the above error on my system. I jumped into conclusion and guessed it had something to do with the Java class, java.util.logging.Logger
>
> However, I have my own class, Logger, and now I guess that it shadows the Java class and thus causes the error. Is that possible?

> >> which Logger -all
> d:\PiaDev\Pia2\Logger.m % Logger constructor
>
> Could it be that OP has a file in the system that causes the crash?
>
> / per

I have a problem with depfun as well, although for me, the call to depfun just ends up hanging Matlab and never returns the error (at least within the bounds of my patience). A call to ver produces:

>> ver
MATLAB Version 7.10.0.499 (R2010a)
MATLAB License Number: XXXXX
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Version 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3)
Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_12-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode

I had the same issue with 2009b too. I realize this doesn't add a lot of information to the discussion, I just thought I would continue to document the problem.

-Justin