Topic: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Replies: 70   Last Post: Feb 25, 2012 3:01 AM

Graham Cooper

Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs

On Feb 24, 1:44 pm, Zuhair <zaljo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 24, 6:34 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > There is no beyond Omega.
>
> > I programmed a [BEYOND INFINITY] button on my website.
>
> > Try it!
>
> >http://MATHEOLOGY.com
>
> > Herc
>
> While my definition of n-tuples can go beyond Omega, that's why it is
> superior
> to yours, of course your definition cannot go beyond Omega in ZF,
> because
> the iterative bracketing cannot go further. In my system I use the
> ordinals as
> tags, those tag the order of the relevant item in the pair and the
> merit of that
> is that ordinals can go beyond Omega.
>
> In nutshell your tuple work (I think) it is nice, simple and elegant,
> but unfortunately
> it doesn't extende beyond Omega. Mine does (provided you give the
> proper assignment
> to the ordinal tags)

such as?

Have you checked if

{3{2{1}}}, datum

or whatever number system it is today, works with ... Von Neuman
numbers?

Remember { {1,a} {2,b} } doesn't work

{ { {}, a} { {{}}, b } } doesn't work

but you're still confident you've found an ordinate indexing system by
tweaking it further

Herc

Date Subject Author
2/20/12
Read Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Zaljohar@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Kaba
2/20/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Herman Rubin
2/20/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Zaljohar@gmail.com
2/20/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
David Yen
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Chris Menzel
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Zaljohar@gmail.com
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Zaljohar@gmail.com
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
namducnguyen
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
namducnguyen
2/21/12
Read Re: Why not Hausdorff's ordered pairs
namducnguyen
2/22/12
[...]
2/23/12
[...]
2/24/12
[...]