Topic: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Replies: 31   Last Post: Apr 12, 2012 11:45 AM

Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum

Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
att1.html (2.9 K)

I would assume that because of the mathematics level and the
mathematical maturity of developmental students, it is a common
classroom practice to not address the problem domain and range. For the
same reason, we usually assume continuous functions when modeling
real-world situations at the remedial level. Should we stop connecting
remedial algebra to the real world so we can avoid issues like these?

Ed
=======================

--
Edward Laughbaum www.math.osu.edu/~laughbaum.6/
The Ohio State University

Date Subject Author
4/5/12
Read MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Clyde Greeno
4/5/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum
4/5/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Guy Brandenburg
4/5/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum
4/5/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Alain Schremmer
4/5/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Kathleen Almy
4/5/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Clyde Greeno @ MALEI
4/6/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Kathleen Almy
4/6/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Phil Mahler
4/6/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum
4/6/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Phil Mahler
4/6/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Alain Schremmer
4/6/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Guy Brandenburg
4/7/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Phil Mahler
4/9/12
Read RE: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Blustein, Bonnie
4/10/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Phil Mahler
4/10/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum
4/10/12
Read RE: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Blustein, Bonnie
4/10/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Phil Mahler
4/11/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Alain Schremmer
4/11/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Guy Brandenburg
4/12/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Alain Schremmer
4/12/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Phil Mahler
4/12/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Alain Schremmer
4/10/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Wayne Mackey
4/10/12
Read Re: MLCS Webinar on April 24: Registration Open
Guy Brandenburg
4/8/12