Topic: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Apr 19, 2012 1:24 PM

Yair Altman

Re: has any one got defun() to work on matlab 2010a?

"kinor" wrote in message <jmoq2j$6qd$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi
> more questions on depfun:
> I have several licences in use, a local where everything works fine and a network licence which i tested on several machines and after an hour i got:
>

> >> depfun('mesh')
> Out of memory. Type HELP MEMORY for your options.
>
> ver gives
> MATLAB Version 7.12.0.635 (R2011a)
> MATLAB License Number: number..
> Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
> Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
>
> questions on the former posters:
> do you have local or network licences?
>
> I am a bit astonished that this basic command causes problems in several versions of Matlab
>
> best kinor

Try using the fdep utility on the File Exchange - it's faster, better and would probably not give you the error that depfun gives you:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/17291-fdep

Yair Altman
http://UndocumentedMatlab.com
Read my Matlab-Java Programming book