Topic: Comparison of time entries
Replies: 11   Last Post: Apr 25, 2012 1:33 PM

dpb

Re: Comparison of time entries

On 4/25/2012 9:12 AM, dpb wrote:

> Oh, I overlooked something that may be the issue--the DATESTR formats
> for time fields are documented as 'HH:MM:SS', not lowercased versions of
> same. I couldn't find any definitive words about how they're interpreted
> in the latest versions (not to say aren't there just I didn't find it)
> but m, mm, etc., are month fields, not time minute fields.
>
> In the older version here, it seems to cope as demonstrated; perhaps the
> newer version is literally trying to do its best to comply and that's
> where the mixup of days is coming from for a time field only.

Well, in the old release (R14), the string inputs are preprocessed just
a little and then passed to DATEVEC. They're lower-cased there right
off the bat and the time field is interpreted by finding the colon(s)
rather than an uppercase string match to M|H|S so that explains why it
works as I'm used to here. Again, what happens in later release(s) I
don't know...