Topic: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Replies: 63   Last Post: Jun 19, 2012 12:12 PM

Snit

Re: OT: Summarization of Snit's 'Statistical Analysis' argument - Re:
Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line

On 6/18/12 9:15 PM, in article
708534c3-a8f3-462b-924c-c6a41f68696b@n16g2000vbn.googlegroups.com, "Onion
Knight" <onionknightgot@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 18, 10:45 pm, Steve Carroll <fretwiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 18, 3:11 pm,Snit<use...@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>>

>>> What I did not do, of course, was show that this increase was based on the
>>> *causative* factors I spoke of

>> Bullsh*t... the facts show that you even called it an "overall
>> claim" (which clearly places it in the realm of causation) that UI
>> improvements **will** (this one word highlights your lie here) bring
>> new users:
>>
>> "Now I have theories and reasons for this - and, frankly - it would
>> not really be contrary to my overall claims that focus on the UI, if
>> successful, will bring new users." -Snit
>>
>> That's clearly a 'cause and effect' statement if there ever was one.
>> That you have the nerve to say you're speaking outside the realm of
>> causation is absurd.
>>

>>> - I was very clear the data merely correlated
>>> with the prediction I made based on those factors.  You got confused between
>>> causation and correlation... as did cc.

>> You're confused and you're lying... and no one is falling for it.

> You have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. Even your own
> quotes show Snit making a prediction based on causes he thinks will
> lead to a change. Then he showed that the change correlated with the
> prediction. In 2011. He admitted it did not in 2012.
>
> You are too fucking stupid to understand causation and correlation.

As noted elsewhere: Steve confuses the concepts of showing a correlation,
which I did (my vague prediction correlated well with the data of the latter
half of 2011) and proof of causation (something I never said the data
proved).

It really is not a hard concept... Carroll simply screwed up based on his
own ignorance and is now lying. Oh well. That is what Carroll does.

--
The indisputable facts about that absurd debate: <http://goo.gl/2337P>
cc being proved wrong about his stats BS: <http://goo.gl/1aYrP>

Date Subject Author
6/14/12
Read Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Onion Knight
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Ray Koopman
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Snit
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Frederick Williams
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Snit
6/16/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Lusotec
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Kaba
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
Snit
6/15/12
Read Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard deviation line
White Spirit
[...]
Steve Carroll
[...]
6/17/12
[...]
Read OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Steve Carroll
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Onion Knight
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Snit
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Onion Knight
6/15/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Snit
6/16/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the
standarddeviation line
Frederick Williams
6/19/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Onion Knight
6/19/12
Read Re: OT: Word to the wise - Re: Visualizing where to draw the standard
deviation line
Snit
6/18/12
Read Re: OT: Summarization of Snit's 'Statistical Analysis' argument - Re: