Topic: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 25, 2012 12:46 AM

ahum

Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs

On Friday, June 22, 2012 3:23:51 PM UTC+2, Frederick Williams wrote:
> ahum wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > At this moment I'm studying IT(programming)in eveningschool. I will obtain a limited degree (one could compare it to a bachelor, but it isn't). This could lead to a full bachelor degree at a university.
> > I would like to refresh my mathematical skills trough selfstudy, I would like to study my highschool maths but have trouble finding books or courses which contain the full proofs of the subjects. I have found many excellent books on algebra, calculus, geometry and others, but it is al applied, and no mathematical proofs whatsoever. And I really want these proofs, because I want to fully grasp and understand what I'm doing (which sounds obvious).
> > Can you help me find the courses or books I need? I'm of course prepared to pay the price for books needed to increase my knowledge and skills.

> I haven't looked in a recently published one, but the Schaum's Outline
> series covered a wide range of subjects at various levels with proofs
> and fully solved problems.
>
> Knuth's Art of Computer Programming covers mathematics relevant to...
> um... programming, and he proves things. (I happen to think that the
> books are over-rated: MIX is utterly absurd and his flow charts are
> awful.)
>
> --
> The animated figures stand
> Adorning every public street
> And seem to breathe in stone, or
> Move their marble feet.

Thank you very much.

Date Subject Author
6/22/12
Read books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
William Elliot
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Graham Cooper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Michael Stemper
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
quasi
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
amzoti
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/24/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Porky Pig Jr
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/22/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
KBH
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
Frederick Williams
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/23/12
Read Re: books or courses with mathematical proofs
ahum
6/25/12