Topic: Matheology S 062
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jul 11, 2012 5:30 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology S 062

In article
<740ca06c-d6cf-4016-968c-8795107ed6d0@n16g2000vbn.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 11 Jul., 22:06, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <bde42209-2591-4dda-b354-cc075afbd...@m3g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > That may depend on your ability to answer my question: Why are the
> > > sequences above absolutely unrelated, incomparable and nonsense?

> > They are unrelated to the problem that WM is trying to muzzle.

> But the sequence
> But now turn to a useful application of your knowledge and expain:
> 01
> 0.1
> 010.1
> 01.01
> 0101.01
> 010.101
> is part of mathematics. What is the limit? According to your arguing
> it should be 0, at least if the digits are wandering from the left to
> the right.

While I have said that in the original vse problem there does exist a
limit, I have not claimed that your problem has one. If you want one,
you will have to find it yourself.

At best you are making a one set original problem (the set of balls in
the vase at time t) into a three set problem, which is an unnecessary
complication.