Topic: A novel with some math in it?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Jul 12, 2012 11:04 AM

Edward (Ed) D. Laughbaum

Re: A novel with some math in it?
att1.html (2.5 K)

Lillian,

You might also consider the book /The House of Wisdom: How Arabic
Science Saved Ancient Knowledge and Gave us the Renaissance/ by Jim
Al-Khalili, copyright 2010. It is not a novel and the title suggests it
is about science, but it includes mathematics, and non-fiction is always
more interesting than fiction ;-) (my bias is coming through). Keep in
mind that the level of science and mathematics from 800 to 1200 AD was
not at a high level. Thus, the lay reader should be able to handle it.

Regards,

Ed

--
Edward Laughbaum www.math.osu.edu/~laughbaum.6/