The Math Forum

Topic: How do I create a circular lamina?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 1, 2012 4:56 AM

Noqsi

Re: How do I create a circular lamina?

On Monday, July 30, 2012 9:38:20 PM UTC-6, Mark Green wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to be able to visualize Euler's Rotation Theorem (I don't think there's an existing visualization/demonstration of that anywhere?), but in or

der to do so I need to draw two intersecting great circles of spheres.

> I can't see any primitive that allows a circular lamina or disk to be drawn in 3D. There's Disk[] and Circle[] in 2D, but Mathematica won't allow them to be converted to 3D. I can make one via revolution plotting a constant but that seems a really ugly hack.
>

> Is there a good way of getting a circular lamina in 3D/

How about a very flat cylinder, like "Cylinder[{{0, 0, 0}, {0, 0, 0.001}}, 1]"? Make it Transparent to get a circle, let it default to opaque to make a disk.