Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 6, 2012 10:20 AM

Corey Andreasen

RE: [ap-stat] Homework

I had assigned homework in most math classes and physics courses I took. They were turned in. How strictly it was graded depended on the TA, but there was definitely a lot of assigned homework.

________________________________
From: Dennis Roberts [dmr@psu.edu]
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2012 7:31 AM
To: Corey Andreasen
Cc: AP Statistics
Subject: Re: [ap-stat] Homework

On 8/5/2012 10:16 PM, Corey Andreasen wrote:
You're going into your third year and don't have homework figured out? I had it down after a week! :

Seriously, I don't know of a solution. I think part of the solution has to do with making sure the tasks are valuable and manageable. And part of it has to do with keeping the focus on learning.
I wonder if the concept of homework exists at the college/university level?

I don't ever remember in all my college days ... anyone (faculty/bosses/students) talking about having to do "homework".

That doesn't mean there wasn't stuff for students to read for the next class but to do problems and turn them in????

Frequently asked questions(FAQ) http://mrmathman.com/faq
ap-stat resources: http://apstatsmonkey.com
---
To unsubscribe click here: