Topic: About speech recognition using Neural Networks
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 2:08 AM

Greg Heath

Re: About speech recognition using Neural Networks

"FMEE" wrote in message <k1oj6v$qv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I've got a matlab code for speech recognition using LPC coefficients and neural networks . I'm using MATLAB to recognize five sound commands : GO,RIGHT,LEFT RIGHT and BACK . Those commands used to control a mobile robot. When Igive a wave sound as NN input the result is very nice, but the problem when I record the command immediately and feed it to the network it can't recognize the command well. So can anyone help me please. thank you very very much.
> Thank you for your reply.

The NN should recognize sounds sufficiently similar to the ones with which it was trained.

Your I-H-O NN should be an O =5 output classifier with columns of eye(O) as targets and
corresponding LPC columns of length I as inputs.

How many input/target training pairs are you using for each class?

Does the input which doesn't work look anything like any of the training inputs?

Hope this helps.

Greg